- Gloucester Cathedral
- ca. 1795
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 inches (20.6 x 25.4 cm) and Mount: 10 3/8 x 12 inches (26.4 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "J.M.W. Turner. Early Example"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "5029 | Turner"; in graphite, lower right: "4954 | K.C.P. | B | 204"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | cathedral | cityscape | construction | genre subject | spires | town | tripods
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Gloucester | Gloucester Cathedral | Gloucestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Gloucester Cathedral, ca. 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.