IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Interior Colosseum, Rome, 1818
Interior Colosseum, Rome
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of the Colosseum
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 19 1/8 inches (32.7 × 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Rome"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "Interior Colosseum | 1818"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | colosseums | Grand Tour | interior | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.