- Grisons/ Looking to Glarnisch (Switzerland) Mountains
- Pen in black ink, black wash, gray wash, graphite, and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textuered, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 13/16 × 16 3/8 inches (52.9 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "Grisons | Beginning of [...] | looking to Glarish | Deep Blueish purple aerial tint | Sun behind it. fine glow | on the hills. Catching light | through the trees."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Grisons/ Looking to Glarnisch (Switzerland) Mountains, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.