An Execution, Rome
- Watercolor, pen in brown ink, gray ink, graphite, brown wash and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 10 × 18 3/16 inches (25.4 × 46.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Rome"; inscribed in pen and gray ink, center right: "CAES DIVI | AVCVSTVS"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Rome"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "Rome 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- execution (event) | genre subject | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.