IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Bulteel Fisher, 1764–1834, British, View of Portsmouth Harbor with Shipping, Showing Buildings on Shore, undated
View of Portsmouth Harbor with Shipping, Showing Buildings on Shore
- Pen, ink, blue wash, and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 13 7/8 inches (21.9 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: [...]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | harbor | marine art | shipping | ships
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portsmouth Harbor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.