The Primitive Cottage, Shoreham
- Pen and dark brown ink and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream heavy wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 14 7/8 inches (27.6 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, center: "The Primitive Cottage | by S. Palmer-| (Shoreham Period). | sold by A. H. Palmer at Christies. March 1929"
T.E. Lewisnsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | landscape | primitive architecture
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Shoreham | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Primitive Cottage, Shoreham, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.