- Apollo Preceding Hector with His Aegis, and Dispersing the Greeks, Fuseli's Lectures
- Graphite, black chalk, red chalk, watercolor, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 11 5/8 inches (20.3 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "Apollo preceding Hector with his Aegis, and dispersing the Greeks. | Fuzeli's Lectures."
Watermark: Brittania Watermark of about 1787.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armors | battle | men | religious and mythological subject | shield-shaped | soldiers | swords | the Trojan war (94C - 94H)
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Apollo Preceding Hector with His Aegis, and Dispersing the Greeks, Fuseli's Lectures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.