Study for a Sculptural Column
- Former Title(s):
Seated Totemic Figure 13
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fragmented Studies for a Sculpture
- between 1910 and 1915
- Brushed black ink, brown wash, red colored pencil and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (29.2 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink upper left: "13"; in graphite lower left: "E. P. 104 - CD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | column (architectural element) | sculpture | sculpture, Abstract | study (visual work) | Vorticism
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henri Gaudier-Brzeska, 1891–1915, French, Study for a Sculptural Column, between 1910 and 1915
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.