View of Totnes, Devon
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 16 1/4 inches (25.1 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Wm. Havell | Totnes"; in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "W. HAVELL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fields | hills | lake
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Totnes | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Havell, 1782–1857, British, active in India (1820–26), View of Totnes, Devon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.