Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, second state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 3/16 inches (29.5 × 43.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 × 12 inches (23.2 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (14.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.92. Etching 2."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R92. Etching (2)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(11"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "?Etching no.2 | No.1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "W.G. Rawlinson's Sale | 28.3.16 | A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. Delt., 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "etched by W.B.Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.