Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, second state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 3/16 inches (29.5 × 43.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 × 12 inches (23.2 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (14.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.92. Etching 2."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R92. Etching (2)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(11"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "?Etching no.2 | No.1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "W.G. Rawlinson's Sale | 28.3.16 | A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. Delt., 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "etched by W.B.Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.