- Head of a Lioness
- between 1910 and 1915
- Black chalk on thin, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 8 3/4 inches (24.8 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk lower left: "HGB"; in graphite lower right: "H.B. 100 - CD.
Signed in black chalk lower left in monogram: "HGB". Not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | animal art | head | lioness | Vorticism
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henri Gaudier-Brzeska, 1891–1915, French, Head of a Lioness, between 1910 and 1915
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.