Study for Fishermen and Bathers
- Former Title(s):
Study for Fisherman and Bathers
- ca. 1951
- Gouache, watercolor and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 7 9/16 inches (15.9 x 19.2 cm) and Image: 5 5/16 x 6 9/16 inches (13.5 x 16.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center on back: "Study for Fishermen & Bathers"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "KEith Vaughan -"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | blue | boats | building | coast | dinghy | figure study | figures | fishermen | fishing | genre subject | leisure | marine art | masts | men | nudes | sea | seamen | shore (landform) | sky | swimmers | swimming
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Keith Vaughan, 1912–1977, British, Study for Fishermen and Bathers, ca. 1951
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.