IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Main Rigging, 1928
The Main Rigging
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (39.7 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 13 3/8 x 8 11/16 inches (33.9 x 22 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "P."; upper center: "5033"; upper right: "a + b"; lower left: "Fine Copy."; lower right: "L.116 The Main Rigging | Sc - 116"; on back, lower left: "34"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "The Main Rigging"; within image, lower right: "A Briscoe/28"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caps (headgear) | chains | climbing | crew | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | labor | ladder | marine art | masts | men | nets (net structures) | pulleys | ropes | seamen | ship | trousers | workers | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Behold the Sea (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-06-14 - 2003-09-07) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.