A British Encampment
- 1799 to 1801
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 x 14 5/16in. (24.3 x 36.4cm) and Sheet: 9 5/8 × 14 3/8 inches (24.4 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "[...]"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Dirk Langendyck | 1799-1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- encampments, military | horses (animals) | military art | tents
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.