- Haymakers in a Field
- Watercolor and graphite, with scratching out on Thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 11 15/16in. (20.3 x 30.3cm) and Sheet: 8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.3 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "G.R. Lewis"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G.R.Lewis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- farmers | field | genre subject | hay | labor | peasants | rakes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Robert Lewis, 1782–1871, British, Haymakers in a Field, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.