IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Robert Lewis, 1782–1871, British, Haymakers in a Field, undated
Haymakers in a Field
- Watercolor and graphite, with scratching out on Thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 11 15/16in. (20.3 x 30.3cm), Sheet: 8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.3 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "G.R. Lewis"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G.R.Lewis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- farmers | field | genre subject | hay | labor | peasants | rakes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus: John Goto's High Summer (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-04-06 - 2018-08-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.