- Garde de l'Espadonneur. Figure A. Garde Dêfensive du Pointeur. Figure B.
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and gray ink and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/16 × 16 7/16 inches (28.1 × 41.8 cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 15 3/8 inches (24.1 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Garde de L'espadonneur. Figure A. Garde défensive du pointeur. Figure B."; inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "B"; inscribed in pen and black ink, center right: "A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Gwin, 1700–1769, Garde de l'Espadonneur. Figure A. Garde Dêfensive du Pointeur. Figure B, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.