Archers Stalking a Stag
- Watercolor, brown wash, and graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (19.7 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J.Martin 1821"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, upper left: "J5387"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J.Martin 1821"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bow and arrow | hunters | hunting | landscape | mountains | rapids | river | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.