Archers Stalking a Stag
- Watercolor, brown wash, and graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (19.7 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "J.Martin 1821"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, upper left: "J5387"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J.Martin 1821"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bow and arrow | hunters | hunting | landscape | mountains | rapids | river | sporting art | stag | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.