IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Pyne, 1800–1884, The Kitchen of an Oxford College, 1858
The Kitchen of an Oxford College
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 12 15/16in. (22.4 x 32.9cm), Sheet: 8 3/4 × 13 inches (22.3 × 33 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "19 x 15 1/2"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "G. Pyne 1858"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- college | genre subject | kitchen | shelves | windows | workers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.