- Battle Scene, Three Battleships, One Sinking; Figures on Left in Rowboat and Standing Pier
- Pen, in gray ink, black ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 13 1/2 inches (34.3 cm) and Sheet: 9 1/8 × 14 1/4 inches (23.2 × 36.2 cm)
Signed, in pen, with black ink, lower left: "D.S."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Dominic Serres RA, 1722–1793, French, active in Britain (from the 1750s), Battle Scene, Three Battleships, One Sinking; Figures on Left in Rowboat and Standing Pier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.