A Sleeping Leopard
- Soft-ground etching with roulette on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 13 3/4 inches (25.4 x 34.9 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 1/4 inches (17.8 x 23.5 cm), and Image: 7 x 9 1/4 inches (17.8 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "IR 359/4 | 30"
Lettered lower center: "Painted, Engraved, & Published by Geo. Stubbs, 1Jan 1791, No.24 Somerset Str. Portman Square, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | branches | ivy | plants | rocks (landforms) | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)