A Sleeping Leopard
- Materials & Techniques:
- Soft-ground etching with roulette on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 13 3/4 inches (25.4 x 34.9 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 1/4 inches (17.8 x 23.5 cm), Image: 7 x 9 1/4 inches (17.8 x 23.5 cm)
Lettered lower center: "Painted, Engraved, & Published by Geo. Stubbs, 1Jan 1791, No.24 Somerset Str. Portman Square, London."
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "IR 359/4 | 30"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | branches | ivy | leopards | plants | rocks (landforms) | sleeping
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Connections (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-05-26 - 2011-09-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Joseph and Margaret Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1986-03-05 - 1986-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-07-09 - 1985-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Paul Mellon's Legacy : a passion for British art [large print labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, N5220 M552 P381 2007 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]