- The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's Campaign in France
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and red ink, pen and gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (17.1 × 23.5 cm) and Mount: 11 1/8 × 13 3/8 inches (28.3 × 34 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen in black ink, lower center: "THE GUARDS ON THE MARCH FOR THE DUKE | OF YORK'S CAMPAIGN IN FRANCE."; in graphite, lower center: "The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's campaign in Flanders"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "R44"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- campaign | guards | hats | Horn (Musical instrument) | horses (animals) | military art | uniforms, military
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's Campaign in France, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.