IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's Campaign in France, undated
The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's Campaign in France
- Additional Title(s):
The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's Campaign in Flanders
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and red ink, pen and gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (17.1 × 23.5 cm), Mount: 11 1/8 × 13 3/8 inches (28.3 × 34 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "THE GUARDS ON THE MARCH FOR THE DUKE | OF YORK'S CAMPAIGN IN FRANCE."; in graphite, lower center: "The Guards on the March for the Duke of York's campaign in Flanders"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "R44"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- campaign | guards | hats | Horn (Musical instrument) | horses (animals) | military art | uniforms, military
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.