- He Goeth after Her straightway as an Ox Goeth to the Slaughter (Proverbs, Chapter VII, Verse 22)
- ca. 1780
- Graphite, black chalk, white chalk, and red chalk with gray ground on thick, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 10 1/8in. (35.6 x 25.7cm) and Sheet: 14 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (35.9 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "He goeth after Her straightway as an Ox goeth to the Slaughter | or a fool to the correction of the stocks Proverbs C7 V22"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, He Goeth after Her straightway as an Ox Goeth to the Slaughter (Proverbs, Chapter VII, Verse 22), ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.