- On the Lake of Como
- Watercolor and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 1/4 inches (15.6 x 21 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 9 7/8 x 12 1/4 inches (25.1 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower left: "On the Lake of Como"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | lake | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Como, Lago di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, On the Lake of Como, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.