IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, On the Lake of Como, 1781
On the Lake of Como
- Watercolor and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 1/4 inches (15.6 x 21 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 7/8 x 12 1/4 inches (25.1 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower left: "On the Lake of Como"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | lake | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Como, Lago di
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Francis Towne (Leeds Art Gallery, 1997-10-02 - 1998-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Francis Towne (Tate Britain, 1997-06-24 - 1997-09-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.