William Turner of Oxford, 1789–1862, British, The "Friend" Sailing Vessel at Upton-on-Severn, undated
The "Friend" Sailing Vessel at Upton-on-Severn
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 7 3/8 inches (27.9 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "At Upton-on-Severn | W. T"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | architectural subject | boat | cargo | leisure | mast | moored | mooring | resting | rigging | river | rope | sailing | sailing-vessel | sails
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hereford and Worcester | United Kingdom | Upton-upon-Severn
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.