- The City of Bath taken from the London Road
- Etching, hand colored with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 x 15 inches (28.1 x 38.1 cm) and Image: 9 1/16 x 13 1/2 inches (23 x 34.3 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE CENTER OF BATH taken from the LONDON ROAD. | Publish'd according to Act of Parliam.t Nov.r 30. 1773."; lower right under image: "In.o Rob..t Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | chasing | church | cityscape | cows | dogs (animals) | fences | fields | genre subject | grazing | horses (animals) | houses | landscape | road | servants | sheep | sky | trees | tricorn | working
- Associated Places:
- Bath | Bath and Northeast Somerset | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, The City of Bath taken from the London Road, 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.