Night Despatch Rider - Tea in a Café
- Additional Title(s):
Night Dispatch Rider - Tea in a Café
- Gouache, watercolor, wax crayon and pen, black ink and wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove card, with masking tape
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 12 3/16 inches (33.3 x 31 cm), Sheet: 12 1/16 x 10 3/16 inches (30.7 x 25.9 cm), and Image: 12 15/16 x 11 11/16 inches (32.8 x 29.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right on back: "9066. Keith Vaughan"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "B" (cut off at edge of sheet)
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left within image: "Keith Vaughan. 1943."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | café | chair | figures | genre subject | interior | man | melancholy | messenger | night | shadows | steam | table | tea | travel | war
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Keith Vaughan, 1912–1977, British, Night Despatch Rider - Tea in a Café, 1943
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.