IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), William Murray First Earl of Mansfield, 1786
William Murray First Earl of Mansfield
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 × 13 3/4 inches (48.6 × 34.9 cm), Image: 17 × 13 3/8 inches (43.2 × 34 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "B1670"
Lettered center right: "To | The Earl of Mansfield"; lettered lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower center: THE EARL OF MANSFIELD. | London, Published Octr. 19th, 1786 by T. Macklin, No.39, Fleet Street."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R.A. Engraver to his Majesty Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Murray, William, first earl of Mansfield (1705–1793), judge and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.