- Lady Caroline Montagu as 'Winter'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 3/4 × 19 1/8 inches (65.4 × 48.6 cm), Plate: 20 1/8 × 14 inches (51.1 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 1/2 × 14 inches (47 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "27x20 | 4"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr Jos Reynolds Pinxit"; lettered, lower center: "Publishs'd Novr. 1st 1777 by John Boydell Engraver in Chepside London"; lettered, lower right: "J.R.Smith Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Montagu, Caroline Maria (d. 1847)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Lady Caroline Montagu as 'Winter', 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.