IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Henry Hoppner Meyer, ca. 1782–1847, British, Lady Elizabeth and Lady Henrietta Montagu, 1812
Lady Elizabeth and Lady Henrietta Montagu
- Mezzotint on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 14 7/16 inches (52.1 × 36.7 cm), Plate: 19 3/4 × 13 3/4 inches (50.2 × 34.9 cm), Image: 18 7/16 × 13 3/4 inches (46.8 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Private Plate"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Lady Eliz. Montagu of [...] Duchess of | [...] and Lady Henrietta Montagu | daughter of the Earl of Cardiggan, [...] Duke of Montague:="; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "R7023 | co. ie/q/- | Burlington Ho. 1875 | Parcival [...] | 2016.57. | 23 3/4 x 17"
Collector's Mark, verso, lower center: "WAA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Montagu (née Robinson), Elizabeth (1718–1800), author and literary hostess
Montagu, Lady Henrietta (1750-1766)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.