Miss Morris as 'Hope Nursing Love'
- Mezzotint ( 2nd state ) on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/2 × 19 1/4 inches (67.3 × 48.9 cm), Plate: 20 1/8 × 14 1/4 inches (51.1 × 36.2 cm), and Image: 19 7/8 × 14 1/8 inches (50.5 × 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower center: "Mrs. Palmer"; lower right: "23"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinx"; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament 25 July 1771, and sold by E. Fisher at the Golden Head in Leicester Square | HOPE NURSING LOVE."; lower right: "E. Fisher Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bow | dress | Hope, 'Spes'; 'Speranza divina e certa' (Ripa) ~ one of the Three Theological Virtues - MM - Virtues triumphant | love | mountains | nursing, suckling | portrait | ribbon | rock | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Miss Morris as 'Hope Nursing Love', 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.