James Paine and his Son
- Additional Title(s):
James Paine, Architect, and James Paine Junior
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 × 13 1/8 inches (45.7 × 33.3 cm), Plate: 17 3/4 × 12 7/8 inches (45.1 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 16 × 12 7/8 inches (40.6 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "23"; lower center: "James Paine & Son. | 199 James Watson after Reynolds"; lower left: "1st State"; lower right: "R.7024"
Collector's mark: "A A | W"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural drawings | column (architectural element) | curtain | glasses, eye | portrait | scrolls | window
- Associated People:
- James Paine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, James Paine and his Son, 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.