- Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke, and the Rt. Honble. George, Lord Herbert
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/16 × 13 1/4 inches (46.2 × 33.7 cm) and Image: 16 11/16 x 13 inches (42.4 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "27"; lower center: "Lady Pembroke & Son"
Collector's mark: "Duke of Buccleuch"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt"; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament July the 11th 1771 by J. Dixon Kemps Row Chelsea"; lower right: "J Dixon Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | buttons | cloak | clouds | collar | columns | drapery | dress | gaze | holding | jacket | jewels | mother | pearls | portrait | posing | ribbons | sitting | son
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Pembroke | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- Associated People:
- Herbert, George Augustus, 11th Earl of Pembroke and 8th Earl of Montgomery (1759–1827), politician/statesman, military/naval
Herbert, Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke and Montgomery (1737–1831)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke, and the Rt. Honble. George, Lord Herbert, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.