Sir Joshua Reynolds, P.R.A., F.R.S., LL.D.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint (first state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/16 × 14 3/16 inches (48.7 × 36 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 1/8 inches (45.7 × 33.3 cm), Image: 16 1/8 × 13 inches (41 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sr J. Reynolds"; inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, upper right: " 14 Mas[...] 1811, 20th"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "R20"
Collector's mark: Walter Francis Duke of Buccleuch (Lugt 402)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "R. Sayer Excudit"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Sir Joshua Reynolds, P.R.A., F.R.S., LL.D, c.1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.