Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Mezzotint (first state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 15 1/2 inches (53 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 × 10 inches (29.4 × 25.4 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/8 × 9 5/8 inches (28.3 × 24.4 cm), and Image: 10 3/16 × 8 1/2 inches (25.9 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#17"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "Sir JOSHUA REYNOLDS Knt. | President of the Royal Academy, Principal Painter to his Majesty, Doctor of Laws of Universities of Oxford and Dublin, Fellow of the Royal and Antiquarian Societies, and Member of the Imperial Academy at Florence."; lettered, lower right: "J.K. Sherwin sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Keyse Sherwin, c.1751–1790, British, Sir Joshua Reynolds, c.1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.