Mary Isabella, Duchess of Rutland
- Line engraving (only state) on thich, rough, cream, laid paper
- 23 3/4 × 17 1/2 inches (60.3 × 44.5 cm), 20 1/16 × 15 inches (51 × 38.1 cm), and 16 13/16 × 13 5/16 inches (42.7 × 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Sherwin Sc."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "May 1861"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "10712"
Collector's mark: verso, "WAA"
Lettered, lower center: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds, & Engraved by the late J.K.Sherwin Historical Engraver to his Majesty, & his Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, | finish'd since his decease, | Mary Isabella Dutchess of Rutland | London Published June 4th 1791 by Robt. Wilkinson No.58 Cornhill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Manners [née Somerset], Mary Isabella, duchess of Rutland (1756–1831), politician and society hostess
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Keyse Sherwin, c.1751–1790, British, Mary Isabella, Duchess of Rutland, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.