Miss Mary Anne Kirkley
- Additional Title(s):
Girl with a Lamb
- Mezzotint and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 15 7/8 x 11 15/16 inches (40.3 x 30.4 cm), 15 3/16 x 11 inches (38.6 x 27.9 cm), and 13 3/16 x 11 inches (33.5 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right, written vertically from bottom to top: "40"; on back, lower right: "160"
collector's stamp of Duke of Buccleuch, on back, lower left
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. P. R. A."; lower center: "Published Feb. 20. 1801. by G. Dawe, 44. Wells Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Engraved by G. Dawe."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | bows (costume accessories) | child | costume | curls | girl | gown | headband (headgear) | holding | lamb | oval | portrait | ribbon
- Associated People:
- Searle, Mary Anne (fl. 1801)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Dawe, 1781–1829, British, Miss Mary Anne Kirkley, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.