Mrs. Sheridan as 'St. Cecilia'
- Mezzotint (first state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/8 × 15 inches (52.4 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 × 14 inches (45.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mrs Sheridan"
collectors mark stamped on verso in black ink, lower left: oval with dragon image
Lettered below image lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; below image lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson"; lower center: "London Publish'd May 21st 1776. by W. Dickinson Henrietta Street Covent Garden & Tho.s Watson N, 142 New Bond Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | bench | clouds | dress | inspiration | musician | organs (aerophones) | portrait | religious and mythological subject | singing | sitting | wings | woman
- Associated People:
Cecilia, Saint (born 2nd c. AD), patroness of musicians
Linley [married name Sheridan], Elizabeth Ann (1754–1792), singer and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Mrs. Sheridan as 'St. Cecilia', 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.