Lady Smith and Her Children: George Henry, Louisa, and Charlotte
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Smyth and Her Children: George Henry, Louisa, and Charlotte
Lady Smith (Charlotte Delaval) and Her Children: George Henry, Louisa, and Charlotte
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 11/16 x 12 1/2 inches (42.4 x 31.7 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 x 11 11/16 inches (37.8 x 29.7 cm), and Image: 11 9/16 x 9 1/4 inches (29.3 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Reynolds | 18D"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi"; on back, lower left: "^/34 | III 217 | First state | Original C. P. Huntington collection"; lower center: "Lady Smith & Family | George, Henry, Louisa, & Charlotte"; lower right: "rare proof" | -34.13 | 157"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | buckles | children | columns (architectural elements) | costume | daughters | dotted print | family | feathers | girls | gloves | gowns (dresses) | hat | mother | mountain | nobility | portrait | ribbons (costume accessories) | sashes (costume accessories) | shawl | son | woman
- Associated People:
- Blake, Charlotte Sophia Delaval (d. 1823)
Lady Smith (d. 1823)
Smyth, Sir George Henry, 6th baronet (1784–1852)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lady Smith and Her Children: George Henry, Louisa, and Charlotte, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.