Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer : 'The Fortune Teller'
- Former Title(s):
The Fortune Teller
- Mezzotint (first state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 11 1/4 × 9 11/16 inches (28.6 × 24.6 cm), 10 5/8 × 9 inches (27 × 22.9 cm), and 8 7/8 × 8 7/8 inches (22.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "37"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower ri: "7754 | 158"
Lettered, lower left: "From a Picture by Sir J. Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C. Turner"; lettered, lower center: "THE FORTUNE TELLER. | London. Published June 19, 1823. by C. Turner50. Warton Street. Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer, Lady Charlotte (1769–1802)
Spencer, Lord Henry John (1770—1795), British diplomat and politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, Lord Henry and Lady Charlotte Spencer : 'The Fortune Teller', 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.