The Ladies Charlotte and Anne Spencer: 'The Mask'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (28.9 × 24.4 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 × 9 inches (27 × 22.9 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (22.5 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "38"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "208"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Proof"
Lettered, lower left: "From a Picture by Sir J. Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C. Turner"; lettered, lower center: "THE MASK. | London Pub.d June 19 1823, by C. Turner.50.Warren Street. Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer, Lady Charlotte (1769–1802)
Spencer, Lady Anne (1773–1865)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Published by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, The Ladies Charlotte and Anne Spencer: 'The Mask', 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.