IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Published by Charles Turner, 1774–1857, British, The Ladies Charlotte and Anne Spencer: 'The Mask', 1823
The Ladies Charlotte and Anne Spencer: 'The Mask'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (28.9 × 24.4 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 × 9 inches (27 × 22.9 cm), Image: 8 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (22.5 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "38"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "208"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Proof"
Lettered, lower left: "From a Picture by Sir J. Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by C. Turner"; lettered, lower center: "THE MASK. | London Pub.d June 19 1823, by C. Turner.50.Warren Street. Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer, Lady Anne (1773–1865)
Spencer, Lady Charlotte (1769–1802)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.