Lavinia, Countess Spencer, Viscountess Althorp
- Additional Title(s):
The Right Hon. Lady Spencer
Lavinia, Countess Spencer (when Viscountess Althorn)
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 x 8 13/16 inches (28.4 x 22.4 cm), Plate: 11 1/16 x 8 11/16 inches (28.1 x 22 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (20.9 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "155"; lower center: "the right hon Lady Spencer"; lower right: "564"; on back, upper left: "1/2 | 1 (horizontal line separating 1/2 and 1)"; on back, lower left: "1/2 | 1 (horizontal line separating 1/2 and 1) | Second state. | 145"; on back, lower center: "Lavinia, Countess Spencer."
Lettered in brown ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "London, Published February 21st. 1787, by E. M. Diemar, No. 114 Strand."; lower right: "Engraved by F. Bartolozzi, R. A. Engraver to His Majesty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | countess | curls | landscape | mountain | nobility | portrait | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Bingham, Lady Lavinia (1762–1831)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lavinia, Countess Spencer, Viscountess Althorp, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.