Hon. Leicester Stanhope
- Additional Title(s):
Honorable Leicester Stanhope, 5th Earl of Harrington
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 11 5/16 × 7 7/8 inches (28.8 × 20 cm) and Image: 8 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (20.7 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Reynolds | 90"; lower center: "The Honbe [...] Stanhope (5 horizontal lines after Stanhope)"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R. A."; on back, upper right: "17 x/2"; lower left: "e/x | 9808 (encircled) | I | First state | 230"; lower right: "161 | 15/"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | boy | child | costume | curls | drum (musical instrument) | drumstick | earl | landscape | portrait | ribbon | smiling | soldier | trees
- Associated People:
- Stanhope, Leicester Fitzgerald Charles, fifth earl of Harrington (1784–1862), army officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Hon. Leicester Stanhope, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.