Richard Grenville-Temple, 2nd Earl Temple
- Additional Title(s):
Earl Temple, K.G.
- Mezzotint (second state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 20 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (51.4 × 36.2 cm) and 17 1/2 × 14 inches (44.5 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "<40>"; lower center: "Earl Temple | 143 (encircled)"
collectors mark stamped in brown ink, below image, lower right: oval with crown "JR"
Lettered below image, left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; right: "Engrav'd by W Dickinson"; lower center: "TEMPLA | QUAM | DELECTA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Grenville [later Grenville-Temple], Richard, second Earl Temple (1711–1779), politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Richard Grenville-Temple, 2nd Earl Temple, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.