Richard Grenville-Temple, 2nd Earl Temple
- Additional Title(s):
Earl Temple, K.G.
- Mezzotint (second state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate ): 20 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (51.4 × 36.2 cm) and Image: 17 1/2 × 14 inches (44.5 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "<40>"; lower center: "Earl Temple | 143 (encircled)"
collectors mark stamped in brown ink, below image, lower right: oval with crown "JR"
Lettered below image, left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; right: "Engrav'd by W Dickinson"; lower center: "TEMPLA | QUAM | DELECTA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Grenville [later Grenville-Temple], Richard, second Earl Temple (1711–1779), politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Richard Grenville-Temple, 2nd Earl Temple, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.