The Honble Mrs. Tollemache, in the Character of Miranda
- Additional Title(s):
Anna Maria Tollemache, Countess of Dysart
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/2 × 16 inches (64.8 × 40.6 cm), Plate: 24 1/8 × 15 inches (61.3 × 38.1 cm), Image: 23 1/4 × 15 inches (59.1 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Felcher | it / e / k "
Collector's mark: "BQ", Duke of Buccleuch, Lugt L.402
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds, 1773 | Engraved by John Jones, 1785 | London, Pubd. as the Act directs, March 4, 1786, by I. Jones, No.63, Great Portland Street, Marlybone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Anna Maria (née Lewis), Countess of Tollemache (1745—1804)
Miranda (character in The Tempest)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, The Honble Mrs. Tollemache, in the Character of Miranda, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.