- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 11 3/16 inches (39.1 x 28.4 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 15/16 inches (35.6 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 12 1/4 x 9 15/16 inches (31.1 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "254 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr Ioshua Reynolds Pinxit"; lower center: "Publish'd August 12th, 1777 by I. Dean Church Street Soho"; lower right: "Iohn Dean Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bandit | beard | collar | criminal | French | man | portrait | rocks (landforms) | sash | shield | spear | thief
- Associated People:
- Bourguignon, Louis Dominique (1693–1721), highwayman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Cartouche, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.