- Additional Title(s):
Louis Dominique Bourguignon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 11 3/16 inches (39.1 x 28.4 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 15/16 inches (35.6 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 12 1/4 x 9 15/16 inches (31.1 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "254 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr Ioshua Reynolds Pinxit"; lower center: "Publish'd August 12th, 1777 by I. Dean Church Street Soho"; lower right: "Iohn Dean Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | bandit | beard | collar | criminal | French | man | portrait | rocks (landforms) | sash | shield | spear | thief
- Associated People:
- Bourguignon, Louis Dominique (1693–1721), highwayman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.