Cupid and Psyche
- Mezzotint (second state) on thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 19 5/8 × 21 1/4 inches (49.8 × 54 cm) and 16 3/8 × 19 1/4 inches (41.6 × 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "760"
lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by W. Say, Engraver to H.R.H.the Duke of Goucester & c."; lettered, lower center: "London, Publish'd Feby.12.1816 by Thomas Macdonald, 39, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | bow | boy | candle | canopy | clouds | dark | flame | goddess | moon | night | religious and mythological subject | skirt | sleeping | window | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Say, 1768–1834, British, Cupid and Psyche, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.