Cupid in the Character of a Link Boy
- Former Title(s):
Cupid as a Link Boy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 14 15/16 × 11 inches (38 × 27.9 cm) and Image: 13 1/4 x 10 7/8 inches (33.7 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "L-B"; on back, upper right: "B L/e"; on back, lower center: "104 | 227"
collector's mark of the Royal Library, Windsor Castle, in brown ink, lower right
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lower center: "Cupid, in the Character of a Link Boy."; lower right: "John Dean fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | chimneys (architectural elements) | cityscape | coat | fire | night | peasant | portrait | smoke | street | torch (lighting device) | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Cupid in the Character of a Link Boy, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.