Girl with a Kitten
- Additional Title(s):
The Girl and Kitten
- Stipple engraving (second state) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 × 9 5/16 inches (29 × 23.7 cm), Image: 8 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (20.9 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "II | Second state."; lower center: "The Girl and Kitten - [...]r. par Bartolozzi J'ap[...]i S. J. Reynolds - | Indulge her Childhood and the [...]iersting Spare | 182"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinx."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Feby. 20th. 1787, by W. Dickinson, New Bond Street."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R. A. sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | cat (domestic cat) | child | curtain | dress | girl | hat | holding | kitten | mountain | portrait | shawl | smiling | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Girl with a Kitten, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.