- Mezzotint (second state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 21 1/2 × 16 3/4 inches (54.6 × 42.5 cm) and 11 × 11 3/4 inches (27.9 × 29.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "2nd"; lower left: "17780"
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds P.R.A. | GUARDIAN ANGELS. | London Publish'd March 30th 1786 by J.R.Smith Co. No. 83 Oxford Street | Engraved by C.H.Hodges"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | baby | clouds | curls | embrace | fabric | peace | protection | religious and mythological subject | sleeping | watching | wings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Howard Hodges, 1764–1837, British, Guardian Angels, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.