Madona col Bambino
- Mezzotint (Ham.II) on moerately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 × 14 3/8 inches (51.4 × 36.5 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 1/16 inches (50.5 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 18 3/8 × 13 15/16 inches (46.7 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center; "280"
Collector's mark, lower right: "[JRS]"
Lettered, lower center: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds P.R.A. & Engrav'd by J.R.Smith Mezzotinto Engraver to his Royal Highness the Prince of Wales. | Modona col Bambino | London Publishd Jany 1, 1791 by J.R.Smith, King Street Covent Garden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | child | Christianity | curtain | embrace | love | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mother | religious and mythological subject | trees | window
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Madona col Bambino, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.