Madona col Bambino
- Mezzotint (Ham.II) on moerately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 × 14 3/8 inches (51.4 × 36.5 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 14 1/16 inches (50.5 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 18 3/8 × 13 15/16 inches (46.7 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center; "280"
Collector's mark, lower right: "[JRS]"
Lettered, lower center: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds P.R.A. & Engrav'd by J.R.Smith Mezzotinto Engraver to his Royal Highness the Prince of Wales. | Modona col Bambino | London Publishd Jany 1, 1791 by J.R.Smith, King Street Covent Garden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | child | Christianity | curtain | embrace | love | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mother | religious and mythological subject | trees | window
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Madona col Bambino, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.